10 Ways to Make Money Online
10 Ways to Make Money Online from Home in Today’s Crazy WorldBy Dave Cottrell
10 Ways to make money online are just a few ideas to help you brainstorm your unique plans for a profitable business/career in the online, work-at-home world.
Look around you as you go about your business, today. The chances are that if you took a trip to the store, you would pass a very wide variety of businesses, some of which you may not have imagined.
Yet someone did, and there it is, today.
There are almost as many business ideas as there are people. Everybody is unique. Everybody sees things slightly differently. This is why two stores, selling the same thing, can open on the same street, and both be successful. As long as there is a big enough market in their area, they can both be successful, because of the fact that everybody is different.
How many towns of 1500 or more people only have one grocery store?
It is with this very thought in mind that these 10 ways to make money online can be the starting point for an unlimited number of people, just like you, to get started in business. There are only so many types of businesses, but there are an unlimited number of flavours. What will yours be?
You CAN have your own business. It’s not crazy, as some of your well-meaning friends may have told you. If you pick any store in your town, someone probably told the person who started that business that he or she was crazy. That’s the way most people think, which is why most people work for someone else.
But thanks to the few bold enough to start their own business, there are thousands of jobs for those who aren’t that bold. You can keep working for someone else, or you can be one of the movers who makes things happen, by starting a business of your own. Never has it been easier, with the advent of the online, virtual business world. You can now start your own business for a mere fraction of what it costs to open a business in the “real” world. All that you need to get started is an idea and a passion to succeed.
Here, then, are the 10 ways to make money online.
- Create a How To report and sell it as a download. There is probably something you are good at that you may already have explained to many people in the past. Put it together in a downloadable format, and sell it. If there is a way to enhance the instructions with pictures, make sure to add those. The quickest and easiest way to start selling this kind of product online is via a company like Clickbank, where you can quickly have thousands of affiliates selling it for you. All you need is a website, which you can get SO cheaply these days from excellent companies like Bluehost and Hostgator, and then follow the instructions on Clickbank.
- Get into the dropship businsess. This is where you sell products BEFORE you buy them at retail, then pay your supplier their wholesale price and shipping, and they ship them for you. Again, all you need to get started is a place online to sell, either on your own website, or via a company like eBay or eBid or Auctiva. There are many, many places to find products to dropship. Sourcing products from a reliable, trustworthy supplier is one of the most important parts of the dropship business. A good place to start is with a company like Alibaba, who acts as a portal for hundreds and hundreds of companies. They give you a way to contact these companies and to check their ratings from others using them.
- Sell Crafts on Etsy and other craft portals. You would be amazed at how big a business this has become. Many new, well-educated moms are going to Etsy to buy all their baby clothes from diapers to dresses, and also many or all of their toys. You can also sell collectibles and antiques on Etsy. This is a full time, highly profitable business for many people.
- Become an affiliate in a niche that you are familiar with and even better, passionate about. As an affiliate, you don’t have to worry about having a merchant account or dealing with taking payments or buying stock or coming up with products, or anything like that. All you have to do is sell the products or services of the company you are affiliated with, and they pay you a commission. Again, although some claim otherwise, you must have your own website. A blog is the preferred kind of website for affiliate marketing. You write articles in the same niche as the company you are affiliated with, and attract people who are buying in that market.
- Blog and use Skimlinks. Skimlinks is a company that works almost like a clearing house for literally thousands of affiliate programs. This gives you the freedom to write about almost anything you can think of. Join Skimlinks and they will give you a little piece of code to place on your blog. Then when you write articles, any time you link to a company in an article that is one of the thousands in the Skimlinks database, they will track any clicks and conversions from your article and send you the commission. Note that the commissions are not as high as if you were the affiliate, yourself, but it’s like being an affiliate of thousands and thousands of companies at once, without the headache. Do make sure to put the disclosure notice your articles, letting your readers know that there are advertising links in your article.
- Offer your expertise on Fiverr. Is there something you’re good at you can provide as a paid service to others? Can you create logos? Website headers? A video? Write advertising copy? Create web pages? These are only a FRACTION of the possibilities. To get started, you need only to create a service that you charge five dollars for. After that, you can add what are known as “Gig extras” for any amount you want. Sell them as an upgrade to the basic service you offer.
- Sell on eBay and eBid and other auction sites. With only a few obvious restrictions, there is very little that you can’t sell on these sites. Ebay, of course, is the biggest, by far. Their fees are high compared to other places, but the sheer volume of their traffic makes it worth it. Where do you get your stock from? Your only limit is your imagination. Newspaper classifieds, flea markets, garage sales, junk stores… where can you find used things that other people may want to buy. Just do your homework first; many thrift stores are beginning to check on eBay as an aid to pricing their products, and you will not be able to make a profit at their prices.
- Sell products you make. Do you make jewelry? How about bird houses? Furniture? Clothing? Dog treats? It doesn’t matter what you make; you can sell it all online. Again, all you need is a website with Paypal, and you can get started. If you blog about your products or their use or both, you will attract customers. You can also sell them on places like eBay.
- Get paid to write. If you enjoy writing and are good at it, you can get paid for it. Many places are looking for good articles in their niche and are willing to pay for them. You won’t get paid a lot at the beginning, but once you get known, you will be able to choose who you write for, and you will be paid more. A very good resource is www.writingfordollars.com
- Join a good Multi Level Marketing (MLM) organization. With any kind of business, you must do your due diligence before you start. This is especially true in the MLM world. There are probably more scams trying to pass themselves off as legitimate business opportunities in this arena than any other. Yet if you are careful and look for a good, solid, well established company with a good, long term reputation, you are pretty safe. MLM is definitely not for everyone, so don’t be fooled by ads that claim that anyone can do it. That is simply not true. You need to be comfortable following instructions, using the phone, and talking to strangers, or you have no chance at all of success. If you are the kind of person who can do it, MLM is one of the fastest, legitimate ways there is to high income earning.
These are only 10 ways to make money. You might think of many others that are not listed here. The most important thing that you can do is to choose one that works for you and get working! The whole world is your marketplace.