What is your opinion about affiliate marketing?
When it comes to people talking about affiliate marketing most people seem to have two views. One group of people will tell you that it’s easy,that all you need is a computer/ internet connection, that it’s cheap and that you don’t have to do any work and others will say, don’t do it, its hard, its complicated and that you will lose money and time even trying. I guess if you have had no luck many of you will think the latter more often than not and yet it all comes down to strategy and understanding that along with the word “affiliate” is the word marketing.
If you have been reading this blog for any length of time you will note that Dave has been writing different posts about his experiences with affiliate marketing and with his years of experience, then listening to him seems like a good idea and yet in the back of my mind, I realized that for many people not understanding that affiliate marketing requires a good sound strategy was something that needed to be discussed.
Some of you reading this post will find a lot of information that you may have read before, some of you will find some good reminders and for those of you who are new to affiliate marketing, this post will give you some useful and realistic strategies.
Do you have an affiliate marketing strategy?
In many ways when you think of affiliate marketing you need to understand marketing so for example:
- Find you niche! O.K you have heard that so many times before, you might be yawning by now, but the truth is that to be a good affiliate marketer requires having a good niche and then focusing on it. that means learning everything there is to know about the product, how it works and how it will help people solve any given problem them might have. When you find your niche, then finding products and services that will complement your focused topic will give you the best chance to create what is called multiple streams of income,do your homework and due diligence and find good quality products so that people will come back to you time and time again. Did you know that the product of Adlandpro is selling advertising to a very targeted group of people ( and that is just one of the services of Adlandpro )..how do you think this would solve a persons problem?
- Just as you would never sell golf balls to a person who is into baking, knowing your audience is important. It makes no sense to pick a product or service to promote if no one is interested in it! Learning how to find people who are interested in what you are promoting means learning to find the right people, it means learning to listen to what people are saying, getting involved with different discussions and then learning how to turn a lead into a sale. Adlandpro has a product that has been making affiliates that extra income for many years. It is something of value and is needed by anyone who is looking to wanting to get traffic ( and ultimately sales for their product or service)
- Honesty is the best policy! Whether you are blogging or on social networks, being honest about your affiliation is important. People are very smart and really don’t like being lied to or sold a bill of goods!. Know your product inside and out, be able to answer any and all questions it’s as simple as that! My disclosure is that I am a member of Adlandpro ( I truly enjoy the social aspect of Adlandpro but any links that you will see are generic links with no affiliation involved.
- Be prepared to treat your affiliate marketing as a job. Yes you can do this kind of marketing part time and it works for many people, but you still need to do the work. I read an email from a person last week that just floored me. Basically this person said that if I joined his program, I would never have to do any selling, I would never have to create any content anywhere, I would not have to talk to anyone and his list went on and on. Now I have to be honest..it sure sounds good doesn’t it? Just join free, upgrade .. pay the money and let the automation take over…Poppy cock!!! affiliate marketing means..marketing and yes it means getting the word out to others, it means creating content so that people will want to buy your product, it means helping people find a solution to their problem.
- Most people who write strategies will say to you that the most important strategy in affiliate marketing is DONT GIVE UP and in a way hearing that tends to drive me nuts! So I am going to change it.. If you are not getting any success with what you are doing then ASK FOR HELP! Sometimes talking things over with another person will make a big difference in what you are doing. When you talk to a person who has been there done that, they can see where you are going wrong and guide you on a better path to getting those sales..oh and at the end of the day..don’t give up, tomorrow is another day!
Affiliate marketing does indeed take strategy and I think the most important strategy you will ever have starts with you..do you want to be a good affiliate marketer? Are you willing to do whatever it takes to learn and succeed in this career..if so then welcome!