Before we can talk about how to get referral traffic, it helps to remember what referral traffic is.
There are actually three types fo traffic that you need to get to your site
- Organic traffic – Traffic that happens when the search engines find you and requires good content and even better SEO
- Direct Traffic – people that directly went to your page, via bookmarks, typing in the URL or by name ( adlandpro.com)
and then we have referral traffic…..
- Referral traffic is simply traffic that comes from people coming to your site from links that were placed on other sites.
When you use all three forms of traffic, then after a while you will (and staying with a plan of action), see Google and the other search engines take notice and push you up in the ranks.
The funny thing about referral traffic is that while it usually represents a smaller percentage of overall traffic, it normally generates the highest amount of conversions, so its wise to pay attention to these tips
- The expression “content is king” is not a myth and not a fad, creating good..epic content is MUST! When you create content and promote it, then the result is more traffic to your site.
- While some might argue the use of Press releases, when done properly and used to share something that is noteworthy, then this is a great traffic machine.
- Newsletters! How many of you read and share newsletters? when you create a newsletter of value then you could and should see a significant amount of traffic to your site. Make sure you add sharing buttons so that people can share your newsletter.
- If you are not one to create your own newsletter, then Paper.li and Scoop.it will fill the same need and is an incredible way to get referral traffic.
- YouTube is an awesome way to get traffic as everyone loves videos and when you do tutorials or talk about your industry, you can put in the description ” To read more about this topic -> lead people to your site.
- Pinterest. Pinterest is showing itself to be a site that will get you traffic almost immediately and that is a fact. If you are not using Pinterest, can I ask why not?
- While there are scores of social networks and forums online, if you have a problem with time then remember these 5 social networks – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, G+ and yes Adlandpro. Once you have signed up to these sites ( created killer profiles), you can grow your traffic by sharing content with people, having discussions and as always being the great person you are and helping others. Do not spam nor be spammy.
- Commenting on other websites/blogs with valuable comments is a fantastic way to build traffic back to your site and when I say that I mean more than “great post or thanks for sharing” Those are more like spam comments..put thought into what you are saying and you will be rewarded 100 times over.
These are just some of the basics on how to get traffic and I know there are more – What are your tips for getting referral traffic?
Lets share and learn from each other…thanks for listening
Oh..if you liked this post then feel free to pass it on to your friends