Repurpose your content! Some thoughts and tips on how to make your posts original and unique
” How many times can you come up with original content for one subject over and over again?”
When I read his post ( I won’t give it all away), he basically was saying something that I have thought to myself many times – how many ways can I keep saying the same things about the same topics and still be original. Speaking only for myself, I have found myself frustrated by this many times!
After some serious consideration and realizing that if everything already exists, being original is not really a matter of coming up with something new, its more a matter of using your imagination to take what has already been said and putting them together in a new way, in other words make that content unique!
If you follow this thought to its conclusion, then the question becomes how many ways can I repurpose content to make it fresh or interesting?. To me repurposing content solves a big problem so that I may indeed be telling the same story, but by tweaking it, adding to it and even changing parts of it, all of a sudden I have fresh content for people who will be interested in what I have to say. I have made that content unique and thus it is a form of originality.
Ways to Repurpose content
- Pinterest Pinterest is a terrific way to drive traffic to you content. A great image or a quote with that perfect description and hashtags works very well for repurposing you content and will drive traffic to your blog or website
- Curate your post onto Scoop.it by adding a new insight to your post you have just created fresh content
- How many times have you gone to a site to download a white paper. This is a very good way to repurpose that post you did and if you can add to it, so much the better
- Turn that post into a slideshare. I have seen this being done very successfully on all kinds of topics and again what a way to drive traffic to your blog
- Convert your content to audio and share with your readers when they are driving to work etc.
Of course there are the other ways
Turning a series of related posts into an e-book
Repurpose your content into a great and powerful guest post
…and I’m sure that you can think of other ways
Maybe the mindset of being original needs to be rethought and changed to being unique and that might not be so hard after all, but it does take work and creating a sound strategy to make it all come together. When you repupose content you will find it a great way to stop the frustration feeling that you have nothing of value to share.
Do you repurpose content? What are your tips and how is it working for you?